If you’re a diehard BMW fan you would know that the first 8 Series was the first road car to offer a V12 engine; and one of the first few vehicles to be fitted with electronic drive by wire throttle. However, the production of the 8 Series was discontinued in 1999 due to budget restrictions and has not made a comeback until now. The 2020 BMW 8 Series is back and better than ever!
First in line is our 8 Series Gran Coupe. This magnificent vehicle is sized like a sedan but designed like a sports car. The heart of the 8 Series Gran Coupe is its 4.4L TwinPower Turbo 8-cylinder engine, which delivers up to 523 horsepower. From inside out, front to end, it’s definitely a statement piece with design elements that are meant to be appreciated. This car offers extensive views with a standard panoramic moonroof that expands from the front windshield all the way to the rear, enhancing the feeling of spacious exclusivity.
These are by far our Top 3 Favourite Specs about the 8 Series Gran Coupe:
- Get from one destination to the next in a matter of seconds. The V8-powered Gran Coupe can hit 60 mph (96 kph) from a standstill in 3.7 seconds.
- Every digital display in the 8 Series Gran Coupe features a clean, modern, and precise design, delivering information at a visually pleasing glance.
- The hexagonal Icon Adaptive LED Headlights with Laserlight are not only high-precision—they’re also the slimmest, sleekest design on any BMW.
Next up is the long-awaited BMW M8 that comes in a Convertible or a Coupe option. Both sporting a V8 engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology outputting 600 HP with 553 lb-ft torque. Take control of the road when you drive in four-part harmony. The M8 has an expressive exhaust that will make everyone take a double-take as you cruise down the street. The M Sport Exhaust System‘s sound modes can produce a range of tones, from discreet to dominating, depending on your drive. Get the freedom to express yourself with our finest leathers, brilliant paints, and exclusive trims and details.
Not convinced that this new 2020 M8 is anything special yet? Here are our Top 3 Facts that will leave you wanting more:
- This car is designed for airflow. It has an aggressive front air intake that cools the V8 engine, while the aerodynamic hood and side air breathers channel the wind around the car for minimal resistance.
- Make shifting gears a breeze. The 8-speed M STEPTRONIC transmission with Drivelogic lets you switch from automatic to manual shifting for a more hands-on feel.
- The Integrated Brake System lets you configure brake performance at the press of a button—a first in the history of M—for more fine-tuned control than ever.
There’s so much more to learn about the adrenalin pumping BMW 8 Series lineup. Trust us, once you step in you won’t want to step out. Feel free to contact us today to find out all about it!