BMW WINTER TIRE PACKAGES
With summer behind us, we embrace colder weather and wet conditions like a true West Coast Vancouverite does. This means it’s time to substitute your summer tires for something more winter-friendly.
SPECIAL PRICING & OFFERS:
- BMW cold weather wheel & tire packages starting from just $2,500*.
- Wheel & tire storage available**. Please speak with our Parts Advisors for full details.
WHY DO I NEED TO INSTALL WINTER TIRES?
- Cold weather tires offer increased traction and control from temperatures 7°C and below.
- Winter tires have four times more traction than summer tires.
- With winter tires, you can stop up to 2 to 3 cars sooner (Source: Pirelli Tire Inc.).
- Between October 1 to April 30, certain roads in B.C. require vehicles to have winter tires installed. Please plan your trip accordingly.
WHEN SHOULD I INSTALL WINTER TIRES?
It is recommended you change to winter tires before the temperature hits 7°C.
HOW DO WINTER TIRES WORK?
- Blocks – sharper edges and closer spacing allow these Rubber “cells” to get a better grip on snow and ice.
- Tread – a more aggressive tread pattern maximizes contact with the road and increases traction.
- Symbol – the mountain/snowflake mark indicates that the tire meets specific snow traction performance requirements for severe winter conditions.
- Formulations – special rubber compounds enable the tread to remain soft and flexible at low temperatures.
- Grooves – because snow adheres to itself better than to rubber, narrow channels between blocks are used to trap snow in the tread, where it can stick to snow on the road.
- Sipes – abundance of tiny slits makes the tread more flexible and enhances traction on slippery surfaces.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BMW STAR APPROVED TIRES?
- Tailor Made – BMW Star Approved Tires are individually developed to fit your BMW’s exact chassis components and performance characteristics.
- Tested – Each tire has passed stringent testing with up to 50 different quality criteria.
- Safe – BMW Tires with the star marking are awarded top safety ratings and feature state-of-the-art Run-flat technology.
Contact our Parts Department at 604.273.0315 for more details or to place your order.
*$2,500 is a starting price for an Auto West BMW cold weather wheel & tire package. Taxes extra. **Wheel & tire storage is available at an additional cost, contact Auto West BMW for all the details. Offer ends November 30, 2019.